Pet sitter Terms and Conditions
These Pet sitter Terms and Conditions are designed for use by a pet sitter who provides services as a self-employed individual or as a company on a small business basis.
This document can be given to your client together with your standard registration form to be completed by the client – the document requires each client to register with you before they can book their first pet sitting session. Once you have accepted their completed registration form, that amounts to a “framework” agreement (on these Terms and Conditions) which will then apply to any booking of pet sitting sessions that the client then chooses to make. The registration is not a legal commitment to book any pet sitting sessions.
The client does not make any payment to register. The only payment that they must make is a set fee in advance for each session or package of sessions that they choose to book.
The template contains a booking procedure for pet sitting sessions, and it requires that, whether or not a session is part of a package of sessions, it is booked for a date falling within a stated maximum time after payment is made.
This template provides for cancellation by you or your client in various circumstances, refunds on cancellation, health and safety matters, information to be disclosed by the client, rules to be followed by the client, the scope and practical details of the services provided by you, rules to be followed by you in relation to occupying your client’s home when you are pet sitting, and the standards of service to be adhered to by you.
The Schedule includes a table of rates to be charged for pet sitting sessions and a model cancellation form which can be used by the client when cancelling a session during the “cooling off period” (see below).
This template is compliant with the Consumer Rights Act 2015. The document also complies with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. In particular:
- a client entering into a contract “off the premises” of the “trader” (here, the pet sitter) is given a 14 day cooling-off period. This means they can change their mind for any reason after entering into an agreement (i.e. booking) for a session of pet sitting, subject to limited exceptions. A pet sitting session can however commence within the cooling-off period so long as the client expressly agrees to this.
- the client is given a clear and concise summary of the pre-contract information they are entitled to receive.
It is important for you to be aware of your obligations and the rights of your clients under consumer protection laws. This template has been drafted with these laws in mind. Take care when amending the template to remain compliant with the legislation and, in particular, make sure you do not include any terms that may be deemed “unfair”.
Optional phrases / clauses are enclosed in square brackets. These should be read carefully and selected so as to be compatible with one another. Unused options should be removed from the document.
These Pet sitter Terms and Conditions contain the following clauses:
1. Definitions and Interpretation
3. Booking and Cancellation of Pet Sitting Sessions, and Consumer Rights
4. Fees, Expenses and Payment
5. Eligibility to receive a Pet Sitting Session
6. Health, Safety, Welfare, Legal Requirements etc.
7. Arrangements concerning Your Premises
8. Your Warranties
9. The Services We provide
10. Rules to be adhered to by the Pet sitter using Your Premises
11. Events beyond our reasonable control
12. Limitation of Liability
13. Changes to Terms and Conditions
14. How We use Your personal information (Data Protection)
18. No Waiver
20. Law and Jurisdiction
List of Standard Prices
[Model Cancellation Form]
This document is in open format. Either enter the requisite details in the highlighted fields or adjust the wording to suit your purposes.
Once you have subscribed to the appropriate document folder click on the “Download Document” button below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.