Simply-Docs is committed to protecting your right to privacy as a user of our online documents. It is our policy to respect the privacy of private communication.
The information you provide to us will be held for Simply-Docs on servers based in the UK, and, except as explained below, we will not transfer it, or authorise its transfer, outside the UK.
We collect information about our users in order to help us continually improve the products and facilities we offer and so that we can enter into commercial arrangements, including the sale of advertising space. Simply-Docs will always adhere to UK Data Protection Legislation, including but not limited to, the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR.
Other than as stated below, we do not hold or use any information that you provide, or which we collect, outside the UK or European Economic Area (“EEA”), nor do we transfer it to, or share it with, others within or outside the UK or EEA (except when we believe in good faith that the law requires it).
Information About Us
Simply-4-Business Ltd is a private limited company, registered in England under company number 04868909. Our registered address and main trading address is Unit 100 Parkway House, Sheen Lane, London SW14 8LS.
Our VAT number is 778437379.
For data protection queries, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by post at: Unit 100 Parkway House, Sheen Lane, London SW14 8LS.
What Data Do We Collect?
We aim to keep personal data collection and storage to a minimum. We collect and use the following personal (and non-personal) data:
- Your registration and payment information;
- Customer name;
- Company name;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Number of employees (approximate bands);
- Business sector (chosen from a limited nonspecific list);
- Your subscription history (folder or package, start and end or renewal date);
- Your document download history;
- Your IP address.
We receive a copy of some of the above information as security and transaction confirmation from WorldPay when you purchase a subscription from us.
What Do We Use Your Data For?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account and/or subscription(s).
- Supplying you with information, documents, forms, and other content either through the Simply-Docs site or by email. You can control your email preferences from ‘My Account’ and can opt out of our newsletters and bulletins when you register (or at any time thereafter). Please note that some emails are an integral part of the Simply-Docs service you sign up for when registering with Simply-Docs and cannot be opted out of and that by registering, you are consenting to us using your personal data to send such emails. We will never send you any spam and always aim to ensure that our emails will be genuinely useful to recipients.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Building up a profile of your interests and preferences based on your download history (this is not an automated decision-making process and all such activity includes human involvement).
Our processing of your personal data is in our legitimate interests and is necessary to provide the Simply-Docs service to you and to continually improve it and the content available through it.
In addition, when you purchase a subscription from us, your personal data is necessary for the formation (and subsequent performance) of the contract between you and Simply-4-Business Ltd and the completion of your purchase.
What Cookies Do We Use?
Simply-Docs uses the following cookies and related technologies for the following purposes:
Cookie (or similar)
This cookie is used to store and display your name on our site.
This cookie is used to check the collection of cookies.
These cookies are used by our “back office” admin system and are not related to your use of our site.
Google Tag Manager
This is a tool that we use for tracking and analytics on our site. We use tracking and analytics to better understand how you use our site in order to improve our service. Tracking and analytics are not used for any direct marketing purposes.
Bing Universal Event Tracking
This tool is used when you visit our site via one of our paid ads on the Bing search engine. We use tracking and analytics to better understand how you use our site in order to improve our service. Tracking and analytics are not used for any direct marketing purposes.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
The personal data that you provide when registering with Simply-Docs is retained until you ask us to delete it. If you wish to delete your account, you can do so using the ‘Delete My Account’ link in ‘My Account’. Download histories are retained indefinitely, however when an account is deleted, this information cannot be used to identify you. Deleted accounts cannot be reactivated.
We also retain records of subscriptions and transactions for accounting purposes. Personal data contained within emails sent to us will be retained for as long as we reasonably require it. Questions relating to our content along with our answers to those questions may be retained unless you ask us not to in order to facilitate answering similar queries in the future, whether from you or from others. We also retain certain communications to aid in the conduct of potential future legal claims.
How and Where Do We Store or Transfer Your Personal Data?
We only store your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the UK GDPR.
As explained below, certain personal data will be made accessible to our third-party IT contractor, based outside of the UK and European Economic Area. Additional steps have therefore been taken to ensure that your personal data will be treated just as securely and safely as it would be in the UK and under the UK GDPR, as embodied in a data processing agreement between us and our contractor based on model contractual clauses provided by the European Commission (as recognised by the UK ICO), which impose suitable data protection standards on a contractual basis.
Do We Share Your Personal Data?
We share your personal data with selected third parties exclusively to provide services to you, only with the following parties for the following purposes:
If you are eligible and wish to have a Free Consultation, we will share with LawBite (a trading name of Lawbit Limited whose registered office is at 137 Alexandra Road, London SW19 7JY, company number 08066586) some of the data (other than your customer password) which you give us during the registration process but will only do so if you click on the Free Consultation link in My Account. By clicking on that link, you are expressly requesting a Free Consultation and thereby consent to us sharing that data with LawBite for the sole purpose of providing your Free Consultation. Personal data transferred to LawBite for this purpose includes your name, company name, email address, your telephone number, and an identifier which is necessary for referrals to function.
To the extent necessary for the purpose of providing our service, the personal data which you give us during the registration process, and data relating to the documents and forms downloaded by you, may be transferred to third parties within the EEA who we engage from time to time to provide us with any services or facilities (including, but not limited to, payment processing) which we use for the purpose of administering our business and providing our products and services to customers.
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
We may also transfer any of that data to our third-party IT contractor outside the UK and EEA which provides us with IT services facilitating our provision of products and services via our website and email communications to those who register as customers with us. Any such transfer will be subject to terms agreed with our IT contractor which comply with those prescribed for such a purpose by the European Commission (and approved by the UK ICO), thereby ensuring that your personal data will be protected to standards equivalent to those specified by the UK GDPR.
What Are Your Rights As A Data Subject?
Individual data subjects have the following rights under the UK GDPR which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access your personal data by means of a subject access request (see below).
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. You can do this either by contacting us or by clicking on the ‘Change My Details’ link in ‘My Account’.
- The right to erasure (also known as the right to be forgotten). You can exercise this right either by contacting us or by clicking on the ‘Delete My Account’ link in ‘My Account’. Please note that if you delete your account, it will be deleted immediately and if you have an active subscription, that subscription will be cancelled. Refunds are not available. If you wish to ensure that we delete data such as accounting data or emails from you, please contact us.
- The right to restrict or object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes. Email preferences can be changed using the ‘Email Preferences’ link in ‘My Account’. Using this link you can opt-out of our newsletters and bulletins and, for expired subscriptions only, our alerts. For active subscriptions, alerts are an integral part of our service. For further information, please contact us.
- The right to data portability. This means that you can ask us for a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or business. Please note, however, that this right applies only if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for performance with a contract, and your data is processed using automated means.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not, however, use your personal data in this way (see above).
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us.
Further information about your rights can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you feel that your rights have been breached.
How Can You Access Your Personal Data?
All personal data provided by you during registration, along with details of your subscription and download history, can be accessed via ‘My Account’.
If you wish to make a data subject access request, please do so in writing, sent to the email or postal address shown below, clearly marking your correspondence as a subject access request.
We do not normally charge for subject access requests unless they are ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (e.g. repetitive). We will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. In the unlikely event that your request is particularly complex, a further two months may be required but we will keep you informed if this is the case.
How To Contact Us
To contact Simply-Docs about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details and we will respond as soon as possible:
Telephone: 020 8878 7236
Postal Address: Unit 100 Parkway House, Sheen Lane, London SW14 8LS.