Childminder Terms & Conditions
These Childminder’s Terms and Conditions are designed for use by childminders providing their services (generally) on a self-employed or small business basis. These terms of business can be used as a stand-alone document which can be given to clients.
A "contract schedule" is also included which enables the terms and conditions contained within this document to be easily converted into a legally binding agreement.
This template is compliant with the Consumer Rights Act 2015. The language and presentation are designed to be “consumer-friendly” and the document should make sense to an average client who has no specialist business or legal knowledge.
The document also complies with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. In particular:
- Clients entering into contracts “off the premises” of the “trader” (here, the childminder) are given a 14 day cooling-off period. This means they can change their mind for any reason after entering into an agreement for childminding services, subject to limited exceptions. Work can however commence within the cooling-off period so long as the client expressly agrees to this.
- The client is given a clear and concise summary of the pre-contract information they are entitled to receive.
It is important for childminders to be aware of their obligations and the rights of their clients under consumer protection laws. This template has been drafted with these laws in mind. Take care when amending the template to remain compliant with the legislation and, in particular, make sure you do not include any terms that may be deemed “unfair”.
Optional phrases / clauses are enclosed in square brackets. These should be read carefully and selected so as to be compatible with one another. Unused options should be removed from the document.
These Childminder’s Terms and Conditions contain the following clauses:
1. Definitions and Interpretation
2. Information about Us
3. Communication and Contact Details
5. Retainer Fee
6. Fees and Payment
7. Childminding Services
8. Your Obligations
9. Complaints and Feedback
10. Cancellation of Agreement During the Cooling Off Period
12. Effects of Termination
13. Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
15. How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
16. Other Important Terms
17. Law and Jurisdiction
And the following Schedules:
1. Childminding Service Agreement
2. Model Cancellation Form
This document is in open format. Either enter the requisite details in the highlighted fields or adjust the wording to suit your purposes.
Once you have purchased access to the appropriate document folder click on the “Download Document” button below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.