Children’s Entertainer Terms and Conditions
These Children’s Entertainer Terms and Conditions are designed for use by an individual or company which provides any form of entertainment services for children at a party or other event. For example, the entertainer might offer a magic show or disco or might lead an art/craft or sports activity.
The data protection provisions in this document have been reviewed and updated for Brexit. The data protection clause has been reduced to a simple cross-reference to a privacy notice or policy, making it more user-friendly.
This document can be used where the client is a consumer engaging the entertainer to provide services at a venue made available by the client (e.g. the client’s own home) or hired by the client for the occasion (e.g. a village hall). The document should not be used when the client booking the entertainer is a commercial entity and/or where the entertainer also provides the venue, e.g. where a hotel books an entertainer to entertain children of hotel guests at the hotel.
This template can be used either as standard terms and conditions for services generally or when offering services to a particular client. You will in either case need to edit the various clauses of the document as appropriate to reflect the particular services offered and the terms on which they are offered.
We have included provisions in the document to regulate various matters which might, if the contract did not make the position clear, give rise to uncertainty or disputes. In particular, the template sets out obligations and responsibilities of the client and the limits on your responsibilities as provider of the entertainment. It also deals with, amongst other things:
- consumer rights
- information the client must fully and correctly provide before booking
- cancellation by you or the client in various circumstances
- changes requested to a booking after it has been made
- amendment of the amount of the entertainer’s fee where there are changes to a booking
- estimates of the number of children attending
- changes to fees if the actual numbers differ
- the age range of the children
- fees for time over and above the time booked
- form and content of the entertainment
- DBS checks
- use of electrical equipment
- outdoor entertainment
- timing of the entertainment
- facilities to be provided by the client.
The document refers in a number of places to a “Booking Form”, and so we have included a template Booking Form in a Schedule for you to adapt to suit your own needs. You might instead design your own booking form.
The template contains a number of optional clauses and/or phrases. Optional phrases/clauses are enclosed in square brackets. These should be read carefully and selected so that they are compatible with one another. Unused options should be removed from the document.
These Children’s Entertainer Terms and Conditions contain the following clauses:
- Definitions and Interpretation
- Booking Procedure
- Changes to Booking Details
- Fees and Payment
- Cancellation of Services and Consumer Rights
- Further Details of Our Obligations and Rights Relating to the Services
- Your Obligations
- Events Beyond Our Reasonable Control
- Limitation of Liability
- Changes to Terms and Conditions
- How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- Complaints and Feedback
- Law and Jurisdiction
Schedule: Booking Form
This document is in open format. Either enter the requisite details in the highlighted fields or adjust the wording to suit your purposes. Once you have purchased access to the appropriate document folder click on the “Download Document” button below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.