These Wedding Planner Services Terms and Conditions (B2C) are designed for use by a self-employed individual or a company which provides any type/s of wedding planning/design services.
This document is compliant with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). Clause 11 refers to a Privacy Notice available on request/attached in the Schedule, and you might wish to use our standard Privacy Notice for this purpose: you can find it by clicking here.
This document can be used where the wedding planner’s client:
- is a private individual who is a “consumer” as defined in the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (CRA) - the document takes full account of the CRA; and
- requires the wedding planner’s services for his/her own use; and
- provides the venue (such as a reception hall or banqueting suite), hired by the client for the occasion. The document includes optional provisions in square brackets for use where the client has still to find or book a venue as at the date the client is engaging the wedding planner's services. In particular, those provisions permit the wedding planner to suggest to the client one or more possible venues for the client to consider. (If the client is content with a venue which he/she or the wedding planner has identified, the client then has to book it direct with the venue owner.)
This document should not be used in any case where the wedding planner:
- is dealing with a client who is not a consumer, e.g. where the client is an intermediary such as a wedding venue owner or wedding reception caterer who provides a package of services to the client including wedding planning; or
- provides or books the venue (rather than the client doing so); or
- wishes to advise the client as to the type of venue that would be suitable or as to the suitability of any venue/s identified or suggested by the wedding planner - selection of venue is solely the client's responsibility; or
- provides services in addition to wedding planning/design.
Provisions are included in the document to regulate matters which might, if the contract did not make the position clear, give rise to uncertainty or disputes. In particular, it sets out the obligations and responsibilities of the client and the limits on your responsibilities as a provider of wedding planning services. It also deals with, amongst other matters:
- consumer rights
- information the client must fully and correctly provide before booking
- changes requested to a booking after it has been made
- additions to wedding planner’s fees where there are changes to a booking
- estimates of number of guests
- changes to fees if the actual number of guests differs
- amendment of fees for additional time which has to be spent over and above the amount of time estimated when quoting
- payment of certain expenses
- cancellation by you or the client in various circumstances
- responsibilities in relation to third party providers of other services for the wedding
- nomination of person who will carry out the planning and attend the wedding, and substitution of another person
- changes to the timing/date of the wedding or your services, and consequent amendment of fees
- suitability of the venue.
The document refers in a number of places to a “Booking Form”. We have included a template Booking Form in a Schedule that you can adapt to suit your own needs. It is designed to help facilitate the booking process and spell out the client’s requirements. You might however design your own booking form instead.
This template can be used either as standard terms and conditions for your wedding planning services generally or when you offer services to a particular client. You will in either case need to edit the various clauses of the document as appropriate to reflect the particular services offered and the terms on which they are offered.
This document contains a substantial number of optional clauses and/or phrases. Optional phrases/clauses are enclosed in square brackets. These should be read carefully and selected so that they are compatible with one another. Unused options should be removed from the document.
These Wedding Planner Services Terms and Conditions (B2C) contain the following clauses:
- Definitions and Interpretation
- Booking Procedure
- Changes to Booking Details
- Fees and Payment
- Cancellation of the Services and Consumer Rights
- Further Details of Our Obligations, Our Rights and the Services
- Your Obligations
- Events Beyond Our Reasonable Control
- Limitation of Liability
- Changes to Terms and Conditions
- How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- Complaints and Feedback
- Law and Jurisdiction
Schedule: Booking Form
This document is in open format. Either enter the requisite details in the highlighted fields or adjust the wording to suit your purposes. Once you have purchased access to the appropriate document folder click on the “Download Document” button below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.