Commercial Landlord Health and Safety Policy
This Commercial Landlord Health and Safety Policy aims to assist landlords of commercial premises in complying with their health and safety obligations.
Landlords have certain responsibilities towards their tenants and other users of the property. This policy sets out the key compliance obligations of a commercial landlord.
Landlords need to attend to the following matters, which are mentioned in the policy:
• General safety of the premises.
• The safety of any gas boilers that serve the common areas or multiple areas let to tenants.
• The electrical safety of the main circuitry i.e. the sockets and lighting.
• Fire safety – primarily in the common areas, but making sure that all areas have adequate fire detection in place.
• Asbestos – making sure there is an Asbestos Register.
• Water safety – avoiding conditions that could cause legionella or other water-borne bacteria to form.
This policy also appears in the Health & Safety folder under Health and Safety Policies.
This Commercial Landlord Health and Safety Policy is in open format. Either enter the requisite details in the highlighted fields or adjust the wording to suit your purposes.
Once you have purchased access to the appropriate document folder click on the “Download Document” link below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.