Agreements for Lease of Commercial Property
Agreements for Lease are used to commit a Landlord and a Tenant to entering into a Lease of Business Premises at some point in the future. They are used when the parties are not yet in a position to complete a Lease but want some contractual certainty that a Lease will be put in place when the circumstances permit.
Situations in which a Landlord and Tenant might enter into an Agreement for Lease include where:
- the premises are not yet available (the previous tenant may still be there);
- the premises are not ready for occupation (building work may be required);
- a third party consent is required (such as planning consent, a superior landlord’s consent or mortgagee’s consent).
Our template Agreements for Lease cover various situations, from a straightforward agreement to grant the lease on a fixed date to agreements where completion of the lease is conditional on other factors. We also have an Agreement for Underlease which is conditional on the Superior Landlord consenting to the grant of the Underlease.
- Agreement for Lease – Unconditional Version
- Agreement for Lease with Landlord’s Works
- Agreement for Lease Conditional on Change of Use Consent
- Agreement for Underlease (Conditional on Superior Landlord’s Consent)
- Guidance on Excluding Security of Tenure
- Landlord’s Notice to Exclude Security of Tenure
- Tenant’s Simple Declaration Regarding Security of Tenure
- Tenant’s Statutory Declaration Regarding Security of Tenure
These Agreement for Lease documents are part of the Property Documents Folder. Just £35.00 + VAT will provide you with 1 year's unlimited access to download all/any documents from the Property Folder.