DJ Services Agreement (B2C)
This DJ Services Agreement (B2C) is designed for use by an individual DJ or a company offering mobile DJ services to private individuals (consumers).
This document has been updated with a simplified data protection clause which refers to a separate privacy notice, removing references to specific legislation for ease of use. Full details of personal data use should be provided in that document.
This document can be used where the client is a consumer booking the DJ for the client's party or other event provided that it is the client, not the DJ, who provides the venue, i.e. the venue is hired by the client (not the DJ) for the occasion. The venue might be for example, a hotel ballroom, room at a pub, community centre or village hall.
The document should not be used unless the client is a consumer. If the client is a commercial entity, you should instead use the accompanying DJ Services Agreement (B2B). For example, a hotel might book a DJ for the hotel’s disco evening which it arranges as part of its programme of entertainment for its guests, or a charity might book a DJ to entertain at a fundraising event organised by the charity. The charity and the hotel would both be commercial entities in this example: they are not consumer clients.
This form of agreement can be used either as a standard form of contract for providing DJ services to consumer clients generally or when offering DJ services to a particular consumer client. You will in either case need to edit the various clauses of the document as appropriate to reflect the particular DJ services offered and the terms on which they are offered.
We have included provisions in the agreement to regulate various matters which might, if the agreement did not make the position clear, give rise to uncertainty or disputes. In particular, the document sets out obligations and responsibilities of the client and the limits on your responsibilities as a DJ services provider. It also deals with, amongst other things:
- consumer rights
- information the client must fully and correctly provide before booking
- changes requested to a booking after it has been made
- cancellation by the DJ or the client in various circumstances
- amendment of the amount of the DJ’s fee if there are changes to a booking
- estimates of the number of guests attending
- changes to fees if the actual numbers differ
- music requests
- fees for time over and above the time booked
- use of electrical equipment
- timing of the DJ’s services
- outdoor DJ services
- suitability of the venue and of the facilities to be provided by the client in general.
The document refers in a number of places to a “Booking Form”, and we have included a template Booking Form in a Schedule which you can adapt to suit your own needs. It is designed to spell out the client’s requirements and help facilitate the booking process. Alternatively, you might wish to design your own booking form instead.
The form of agreement contains a number of optional clauses and/or phrases. Optional phrases/clauses are enclosed in square brackets. These should be read carefully and selected so that they are compatible with one another. Unused options should be removed from the document.
This DJ Services Agreement (B2C) contains the following clauses:
- Definitions and Interpretation
- Booking Procedure
- Changes to Booking Details
- Fees and Payment
- Cancellation of Services and Consumer Rights
- Further Details of Our Obligations and Rights Relating to the Services
- Your Obligations
- Events Beyond Our Reasonable Control
- Limitation of Liability
- Changes to Terms and Conditions
- How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- Complaints and Feedback
- Law and Jurisdiction
Schedule: [Privacy Notice and] Booking Form
This document is in open format. Either enter the requisite details in the highlighted fields or adjust the wording to suit your purposes.
Once you have purchased access to the appropriate document folder click on the “Download Document” button below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.