Wedding Planner Services Agreement (B2C)
This Wedding Planner Services Agreement (B2C) is designed for use by a self-employed individual or a company which provides any type/s of wedding planning/design services.
This document can be used where the wedding planner’s client:
- is a private individual who is a “consumer” as defined in the Consumer Rights Act 2015; and
- requires the wedding planner’s services for his/her own use; and
- provides the venue (such as a reception hall or banqueting suite), hired by the client for the occasion.
This document should not be used:
- if the client is not a consumer, e.g. where the client is an intermediary such as a wedding venue owner or wedding reception caterer who provides a package of services to the client including wedding planning; or
- where the wedding planner provides the venue or provides services in addition to wedding planning/design.
Provisions are included in the agreement to regulate various matters which might, if the agreement did not make the position clear, give rise to uncertainty or disputes. In particular, it sets out the obligations and responsibilities of the client and the limits on your responsibilities as a provider of wedding planning services. It also deals with, amongst other matters:
- consumer rights
- information the client must fully and correctly provide before booking
- changes requested to a booking after it has been made
- additions to wedding planner’s fees where there are changes to a booking
- estimates of number of guests
- changes to fees if the actual number of guests differs
- amendment of fees for additional time which has to be spent over and above the amount of time estimated when quoting
- payment of certain expenses
- cancellation by you or the client in various circumstances
- responsibilities in relation to third party providers of other services for the wedding
- nomination of person who will carry out the planning and attend the wedding, and substitution of another person
- changes to the timing/date of the wedding or your services, and consequent amendment of fees
- suitability of the venue.
The document refers in a number of places to a “Booking Form” and we have included a template Booking Form in a Schedule which you can adapt to suit your own needs (or you might however design your own booking form instead).
The Booking Form is designed to spell out the client’s requirements and help facilitate the booking process which would be as follows. When you receive an enquiry for your services, amend the agreement as necessary and send it to your client. They sign it at the very end of the document, and then return it. You then sign it just above their signature, and you send the client a signed copy of the agreement. The next step is to discuss and provisionally agree details for the booking, and you partially complete the Booking Form (as indicated in it) and send it back unsigned to the client. The client then completes the remainder of the Booking Form, signs it, and returns it to you to agree and countersign.
This form of agreement can be used either as standard terms and conditions of contract for your wedding planning services generally or when you offer services to a particular client. You will in either case need to edit the various clauses of the document as appropriate to reflect the particular services offered and the terms on which they are offered.
This document is compliant with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). Clause 11 refers to a Privacy Notice available on request/attached in the Schedule, and you might wish to use our standard Privacy Notice for this purpose: you can find it by clicking here
The document contains a substantial number of optional clauses and/or phrases. Optional phrases/clauses are enclosed in square brackets. These should be read carefully and selected so that they are compatible with one another. Unused options should be removed from the document. This Wedding Planner Services Agreement (B2C) contain the following clauses:
- Definitions and Interpretation
- Booking Procedure
- Changes to Booking Details
- Fees and Payment
- Cancellation of the Services and Consumer Rights
- Further Details of Our Obligations, Our Rights and the Services
- Your Obligations
- Events Beyond Our Reasonable Control
- Limitation of Liability
- Changes to Terms and Conditions
- How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- Complaints and Feedback
- Law and Jurisdiction
Schedule: [Privacy Notice and] Booking Form
This document is in open format. Either enter the requisite details in the highlighted fields or adjust the wording to suit your purposes.
Once you have purchased access to the appropriate document folder click on the “Download Document” button below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.