Assured Shorthold Tenancies (ASTs)
Here at Simply Docs, we have a good range of professionally drafted tenancy agreement templates, including Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement Templates for use in England.
Under the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016 standard occupation contracts replace assured shorthold tenancy agreements in Wales. Model written statements for the occupation contracts can be found in Renting Homes Wales. An Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) is the usual form of tenancy granted by private landlords in England. Unlike some other types of residential tenants, a tenant under an AST has virtually no security of tenure. As long as the proper procedures are followed, a landlord can regain possession of the property after six months.
Our template Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreements are suitable for different types of properties, including both furnished and unfurnished houses, flats, and bedsits. Other useful documents are the two tenancy agreement guarantees for individual and corporate guarantors respectively.
Residential landlords must comply with a wide range of legal requirements before entering into an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement. Our Compliance Checklist can be used by a landlord to check that they are complying with housing law before the tenancy is entered into and during the term. There are a number of template letters and documents which can be found in the Residential Landlord and Ownership Documents to assist with these requirements.
Although the majority of private lettings in England are ASTs, there are some residential tenancies that cannot be assured shortholds. The main exclusions are lettings to companies or other non-natural persons (the tenant under an AST must be one or more individuals), high value properties (where the annual rent exceeds £100,000), lettings where the tenant does not occupy the property as his only or principal home (e.g., a second home) and resident landlords. Tenancy Agreements for these types of lettings in England can be found in our Company Lets and Contractual Tenancies folders.
Formalising the landlord/tenant relationship with these Tenancy Agreements will reduce the scope for disputes and ensure that the landlord gets the property back at the time and in the condition he requires. These Tenancy Agreements are drafted using plain English so that they can be understood by the general public. Where it is necessary to use legal terms an explanation in plain English is included.
- Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement – Furnished House
- Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement – Furnished Flat
- Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement – Unfurnished House
- Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement – Unfurnished Flat
- Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement – Furnished Bedsit (Rent Exclusive of Outgoings)
- Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement – Furnished Bedsit (Rent Inclusive of Outgoings)
- Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement – Unfurnished Bedsit (Rent Exclusive of Outgoings)
- Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement – Unfurnished Bedsit (Rent Inclusive of Outgoings)
- AST – Holiday House Out of Season Letting
- AST – Out of Season Letting for Holiday Flat
- Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement Guarantee and Indemnity
- AST Guarantee and Indemnity for Corporate Guarantor
- Landlord’s Notice Proposing AST to Farm Worker Tenant (England)
These Assured Shorthold Tenancies (ASTs) Documents are part of the Property Documents Folder. Just £35.00 + VAT will provide you with 1 year's unlimited access to download all/any documents from the Property Folder.