Home Business Tenancy Agreements
Home Business Tenancies are a type of Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST). Further information about ASTs can be found under the “Assured Shorthold Tenancies” link on the right hand side of this page.
Under the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016 standard occupation contracts replace assured shorthold tenancy agreements in Wales. Model written statements for the occupation contracts can be found in our Renting Homes Wales folder.
Our standard ASTs do not permit the tenant to use the premises for any kind of business use. The templates in this subfolder allow the tenant to carry on a “home business” at the property.
Such tenancies are known as “Home Business Tenancies” and were introduced in October 2015 by an amendment to the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954. The legislation confirms that a Home Business Tenancy is an AST, and not a business tenancy qualifying for security of tenure under the 1954 Act.
It is important to formalise the landlord/tenant relationship with a tenancy agreement. Use of the documents below will help to avoid disputes and ensure that the landlord gets possession of the property at the time and in the condition they require.
Residential landlords in England must comply with a wide range of legal requirements before entering into an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement. Our Compliance Checklist can be used by a landlord to check that they are complying with housing law before the tenancy is entered into and during the term. There are a number of template letters and documents which can be found in the Residential Landlord and Ownership Documents to assist with these requirements.
These agreements are drafted using plain English so that they can be understood by the general public. Where it is necessary to use legal terms an explanation in plain English is included.
- Home Business Tenancy (AST) – Furnished House
- Home Business Tenancy (AST) – Furnished Flat
- Home Business Tenancy (AST) – Unfurnished House
- Home Business Tenancy (AST) – Unfurnished Flat
- Home Business Tenancy – Furnished Bedsit (Rent Excl of Outgoings)
- Home Business Tenancy – Furnished Bedsit (Rent Incl of Outgoings)
- Home Business Tenancy – Unfurnished Bedsit (Rent Excl of Outgoings)
- Home Business Tenancy – Unfurnished Bedsit (Rent Incl of Outgoings)
- Home Business Tenancy (AST) – Off Season Holiday House
- Home Business Tenancy (AST) – Off Season Holiday Flat
- Home Business Tenancy (AST) Guarantee and Indemnity
- Home Business Tenancy (AST) Guarantee and Indemnity by Company
These Home Business Tenancy Agreements are part of the Property Documents Folder. Just £35.00 + VAT will provide you with 1 year's unlimited access to download all/any documents from the Property Folder.