Residential Tenancy Compliance Documents
Landlords in England need to comply with a wide range of legal requirements, both when entering into a new tenancy agreement and during the term. Failure to comply with the landlord’s obligations can have serious consequences, including in some cases the landlord being unable to terminate the tenancy using a Section 21 Notice.
These templates are suitable for use in England only.
These Residential Tenancy Compliance Documents include Letters containing the prescribed information a new tenant must receive and Letters regarding smoke alarm testing and gas safety.
- Landlord's Checklist for New Tenancies
- Guidance Note: Tenant Fees Act 2019 (England)
- Landlord's Information Letter for New Tenancies
- Letter Enclosing How to Rent Guide on Renewal or Continuation of Tenancy (England)
- Form N215 Certificate of Service of New Tenancy Information
- Letter to Tenant Regarding Smoke Alarm Testing
- Landlord’s Letter to Tenant Regarding Repairs to Smoke Alarms (England)
- Letter to Tenant regarding Gas Safety Record
- Landlord’s Letter Providing Electrical Installation Report to Proposed Tenant (England)
- Landlord’s Letter Providing Electrical Installation Report to Residential Tenant (England)
- Landlord’s Letter Sending Electrical Installation Report to Local Housing Authority (England)
- Landlord’s Further Letter to Existing Tenant regarding electrical safety works (England)
- Further Letter to Local Housing Authority regarding electrical safety works (England)
- Section 48 Notice of Landlord’s Address
- Letter to Residential Tenant: Access for Repair Work
- Letter to Tenant Confirming Remedial Work Carried Out
- Letter to Residential Tenant: Access for Property Inspection
- Letter to Residential Tenant: Access for Sales or Letting Appraisal
- Letter to Residential Tenant: Access for Viewings
- Guidance Note: Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018
- Residential Landlord Health & Safety Policy
- HMO Landlord Health & Safety Policy
- Fire Safety (England) Regulations 2022 Summary
- Letter to Tenant Providing Fire Safety Instructions & Fire Door Instructions (England)
- Example of Fire Safety Information to be provided to Tenant
- Letter to Lessee who owns flat front fire door requiring works to be fire compliant
- Letter to Tenant of building 11 metres & above that annual flat fire door check carried out
- Warning letter to tenant of building 11 metres or above of annual check of flat fire door
These Residential Tenancy Compliance Documents are part of the Property Documents Folder. Just £35.00 + VAT will provide you with 1 year's unlimited access to download all/any documents from the Property Folder.