This Compliance Checklist for Residential Landlord can be used by a landlord to check that they are complying with housing law at every stage of letting a residential property. There are links to relevant Simply-Docs templates and guidance.
This checklist covers:
- Pre-contract matters (reference checking, etc.)
- Using an appropriate form of tenancy agreement
- Protection of the tenancy deposit
- Providing essential information and documentation to the tenant
- Complying with health and safety requirements
- HMO requirements
- Termination of tenancies
This Compliance Checklist for Residential Landlord is in open format. Either enter the requisite details in the “steps taken” column or adjust the wording to suit your purposes.
Once you have purchased access to the appropriate document folder click on the “Download Document” button below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.