Landlord's Checklist for New Tenancies
This New Tenancy Checklist for Residential Landlords in England can be used by a landlord to check that they are complying with the law at each stage of letting a residential property. It also contains best practice content in respect of the steps and information to be provided to a tenant on the grant of a new tenancy. There are links to relevant templates and guidance. This checklist covers:
- Information gathering before marketing a property for let (EPCs, preparation of detailed inventory, etc.
- Pre-tenancy matters (reference checking, holding deposits, etc.)
- Using an appropriate form of tenancy agreement
- Protection of the tenancy deposit
- Providing essential and best practice information and documentation to the tenant
- Complying with health and safety requirements
- HMO requirements
- Termination of tenancies
This Checklist is in open format. Either enter the requisite details in the “steps taken” column or adjust the wording to suit your purposes.
Once you have purchased access to the appropriate document folder click on the “Download Document” button below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.