Student Letting Agreements
The student lettings market has grown in recent years, due to an increase in the number of people in higher education. Owning and letting out a rental property in a university town can be a good investment.
As with all lettings, it is essential that the terms of a student’s occupation are properly documented. This will reduce the scope for disputes and ensure that the landlord gets the property back at the time and in the condition he requires.
This subfolder contains assured shorthold tenancy agreements for student houses, flats and bedsits, as well as licences for student lodgers occupying rooms in the landlord’s home. The agreements are similar to those in our main Tenancy Agreements folder, but they have been adapted to suit student lettings. For example, our agreements contain an option for rent to be paid termly, and there are specific tenant’s covenants regarding parties and noise.
We have included in this subfolder a parental guarantee and some guidance on tenancy deposits. There is also some useful guidance on issues that arise when letting property to students.
Residential landlords must comply with a wide range of legal requirements before entering into a tenancy agreement. Our Compliance Checklist and documents which can be found in the Residential Landlord and Ownership Documents to assist with these requirements.
These Student Letting documents are drafted using plain English so that they can be understood by lay people. Where it is necessary to use legal terms an explanation in plain English is included.
- Guidance Note: Letting Property to Students
- Student Tenancy Agreement for Shared Furnished House
- Student Tenancy Agreement for Shared Furnished Flat
- Student Bedsit Agreement (Rent Exclusive of Outgoings)
- Student Bedsit Agreement (Rent Inclusive of Outgoings)
- Licence for Student to Occupy a Room in the Landlord’s Home
- Licence for Student to Occupy a Room in the Landlord’s Home (Term Time only)
- Student Tenancy Agreement Guarantee and Indemnity (Single Tenant)
- Student Tenancy Agreement Guarantee and Indemnity (Joint Tenants)
- Explanatory Notes for Student Tenants
- Agreement Between Student House Sharers
- Deed of Assignment (Single Tenant)
- Deed of Assignment (Joint Tenants)
- Deed of Release of Guarantor
- Deed of Surrender (Single Tenant)
- Deed of Surrender (Joint Tenants)
- Pro-forma Inventory
- Guidance on Protecting Student Tenants’ Deposits
These Student Lettings Documents are part of the Property Documents Folder. Just £35.00 + VAT will provide you with 1 year's unlimited access to download all/any documents from the Property Folder.