Data Subject Access Requests
An important aspect of modern data protection legislation, particularly the UK GDPR, is transparency. Individuals, known as “data subjects” under the law, have the right to find out what personal data an organisation holds about them, what that organisation does with it, and why. This is known as a “subject access request”.
In most cases, under the UK GDPR, data controllers must usually respond to subject access requests within one month and do so free of charge (with exceptions for requests that are, for example, particularly complex, onerous, or repetitive). The documents in this subfolder provide a toolkit for dealing with subject access requests, including a standard form to make it easier for individuals to make requests.
- Data Subject Access Request Guidance Notes
- Data Subject Access Request Policy and Procedure
- Subject Access Request Form
- SAR Letter - Acknowledgement
- SAR Letter - Fee and/or Additional Time
- SAR Letter - Receipt of Additional Information/ID
- SAR Letter - Receipt of Fee
- SAR Letter - No Data Found
These Data Subject Access Request templates are part of the Business Documents Folder. Just £35.00 + VAT will provide you with 1 year's unlimited access to all Business Documents.