Data Protection Documents for Residential Lettings Agencies
The UK's data protection legislation (consisting primarily of the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018), gives tenants, residents, guarantors and landlord clients greater control over how their personal data is used.
Residential Lettings Agencies are “data controllers” under the data protection legislation and tenants, residents, guarantors and landlord clients are “data subjects”. Letting agents are therefore subject to certain obligations and tenants, residents, guarantors and landlord clients can exercise certain rights.
Our Data Protection Guidance Notes for Residential Lettings Agencies explain the workings of the data protection legislation in more detail. The Data Audit template can be used to assess how data is collected and used. The outcome of the Data Audit will help Residential Letting Agents to prepare a Privacy Notice using our template. This needs to be given to all new and existing tenants, residents, guarantors and prospective and actual landlords, whose data the Residential Lettings Agencies hold. Data protection documents for residential landlords are available in the following subfolder. Data protection documents for commercial landlords are available here.
- Data Protection Guidance Notes for Residential Lettings Agencies
- Data Audit for Residential Lettings Agencies (landlord client)
- Data Audit (tenants, residents and guarantors)
- Agent’s Privacy Notice to Landlord
- Agent’s Privacy Notice to Tenant, Resident or Guarantor
- Letter to Landlord enclosing Privacy Notice
- Letter to Tenant, Resident or Guarantor enclosing Privacy Notice
These Data Protection Documents for Residential Lettings Agencies are part of the Property Documents Folder. Just £35.00 + VAT will provide you with 1 year's unlimited access to download.