This Agent’s Privacy Notice should be given to potential and
actual landlords to provide information about how their personal data will
This document has been updated in line with the UK GDPR and is ready for use from the start of 2021.
The UK's data protection legislation (consisting primarily of the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018), requires residential lettings agencies to be transparent about
the personal data that they hold and how it is used. The law requires that
letting agents provide the following information to landlords at the point
that data is collected from them:
• the letting agent’s identity and contact details;
• the purposes for which the personal data will be processed, as well as
the legal basis for the processing;
• if the letting agent is relying on its legitimate interests as the lawful
condition for processing, what those legitimate interests are;
• the recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data;
• any transfer of the data outside the UK and the basis
for such transfer;
• the period for which data will be stored, or the criteria used to
determine how long data will be retained;
• the individual's rights to subject access, rectification or erasure of
personal data, and the right to restrict processing or object to
• where data is obtained from a third party, the source of the data,
including if it came from publicly accessible sources.
This privacy notice lists the types of information a typical letting agent
will collect and specifies the third parties with whom personal data is
likely to be shared. Letting agents should amend the template as necessary
to reflect their own practices.
For guidance and more detailed background information on the data protection legislation, please
refer to the Data Protection Guidance Notes for Residential Lettings Agencies.
This Privacy Notice for Residential Lettings Agencies is in open
format. Either enter the requisite details in the highlighted fields or
adjust the wording to suit your purposes.
Once you have subscribed to the appropriate document folder click on the
“Download Document” button below. You will be asked what you want to do
with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location
of your choice prior to viewing.