Flexible Working Request
This Flexible Working Request Letter allows the parent to request flexible working arrangements to make their work-parenting balance more suitable.
The right to request flexible working is a statutory right and the written application for flexible working must:
1. state that it is being made under the statutory right to request flexible working;
2. confirm that the employee has responsibility for the child (of appropriate age) and is the mother, father, adopter, guardian or foster parent; or married to or the partner of the same;
3. explain the effects the employee thinks their work pattern change will have on the employer;
4. explain how the employee thinks that any such effects could be dealt with;
5. specify the desired flexible working pattern;
6. specify the date on which the new pattern should commence;
7. state whether any previous application has been made; and
8. be dated.
This letter conforms to these requirements. It contains a number of optional paragraphs and phrases. These are enclosed in square brackets.
Employers may choose to adopt a standard form for applications for flexible working. As an
This Flexible Working Request (Adoption) is
When you click on the “Download Document” button below you will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.