Flexible Working Request Letter
This Flexible Working Request Letter allows employees with at least 26
weeks’ service to request flexible working arrangements. Employers must
deal with flexible working requests within a three-month time limit and
applications must be dealt with in a “reasonable manner”.
The right to request flexible working is a statutory right and the written
application for flexible working must:
1. state that it is being made under the statutory right to request
2. explain the effects the employee thinks their work pattern change will
have on the employer;
3. explain how the employee thinks that any such effects could be dealt
4. specify the desired flexible working pattern;
5. specify the date on which the new pattern should commence;
6. state whether any previous application has been made and, if so, when;
7. be dated.
This letter conforms to these requirements. It contains a number of
optional paragraphs and phrases. These are enclosed in square brackets.
This Flexible Working Request is in open format. Either enter the requisite
details in the highlighted fields or adjust the wording to suit your
When you click on the “Download Document” button below you will be asked
what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the
document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.