Register of People with Significant Control
Under the Companies Act 2006, as amended by the Small Business Enterprise & Employment Act 2015, most UK companies (& LLPs) are required to identify and record the people with significant control over them (PSCs). This includes those who own or control (directly or indirectly) more than 25% of the entity. Companies (& LLPs) are required to file this information with Companies House.
- Keep a PSC register;
- Take reasonable steps to identify those who should be registered on the PSC register;
- Record the PSC’s details and keep the register up to date;
- Make the register available for public inspection; and
- Provide all this information to Companies House.
Even if a company has no interests to be registered (or is dormant), it must still keep a register and the register cannot be blank. Criminal sanctions apply for non-compliance.
This group of templates aims to guide companies, their directors, secretaries and administrators through the process of identifying, collecting, keeping and updating information about PSCs. Included within this group are subfolders covering:
- Guidance on the regime;
- Template statutory notices;
- Template letters from PSCs and pro-forma replies;
- Template statutory registers;
- Template notifications to Companies House (and ancillary documents); and
- Templates specifically related to LLPs.
Companies should consider seeking independent legal advice if they are not familiar with the requirements or the consequences of the PSC legislation.
- Guidance on the PSC Regime
- Statutory Notices for "People with Significant Control"
- Letters and Pro-Forma Replies from PSCs
- PSC and RLE Registers
- Ancillary PSC Documents & Correspondence with Companies House
- Companies House Forms for PSCs
- PSC Documents for Limited Liability Partnerships
Register of People with Significant Control is part of the Corporate folder. One payment of £35 + VAT will provide you with unlimited downloads of all documents in the Corporate folder for one year. To subscribe, click on My Account and register your details with us.