Termination Notices & Forms
New rules for terminating occupation contracts in Wales under the Renting Homes Act 2016 are now in place. The documents in this subfolder are available to assist private residential landlords and letting agents at the end of a standard occupation contract in Wales, including possession procedures.
S8 and s21 of the Housing Act 1988 no longer apply in Wales and the guidance sets out the different procedures for terminating standard occupation contracts and terminating converted contracts.
The folder includes various prescribed notices published by the Welsh Government. These cover the most common situations a landlord or agent may find themselves in when they wish to recover possession of a property or bring an occupation contract to an end. The notices must be used before a possession claim can be made at court. The notices should be used in conjunction with the Guidance on Terminating Standard Occupation Contracts.
Each document is drafted using plain English so that it can be understood by lay people. Where it is necessary to use legal terms, an explanation in plain English is included. The documents are constructed in Word format and can be customised to meet your requirements.
Once you have purchased access to the appropriate document folder click on the “Download Document” button below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.
- Guidance on Terminating Standard Occupation Contracts
- S173 Termination Notice for Periodic Standard Contract RHW16
- Withdrawal of S173 Notice to Terminate Periodic Occupation Contract RHW19
- Warning Notice Before Possession Claim for Breach of Contract RHW23
- Warning Notice Before Possession Claim for Serious Rent Arrears RHW20
- Warning Notice of Landlord’s Intention to End Occupation Contract Due to Abandonment RHW27
- Notice Terminating Occupation Contract Due to Abandonment RHW28
- Letter for Check-out Inventory (Wales)
These Termination Notices, Documents and Forms are part of the Property Documents Folder. Just £35.00 + VAT will provide you with 1 year's unlimited access to download all/any documents from the Property Folder.