Employment Agency Privacy Notice
This UK GDPR-compliant Employment Agency Privacy Notice is designed to provide job applicants with key information about how their personal data will be used during the recruitment process when using an employment agency.
This document has been updated for compatibility with the UK GDPR. It is ready for use from the start of 2021.
The UK GDPR’s ‘right to be informed’ means that companies must be transparent about the personal data that they collect and hold, and how that data is processed. The UK GDPR requires employment agencies to provide the following information at the point that data is collected:
- the identity and contact details of the company;
- the purposes for which the personal data will be processed, as well as the legal basis for the processing;
- if the company is relying on its legitimate interests as the lawful condition for processing, what those legitimate interests are;
- the recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data;
- any transfer of the data outside the European Economic Area and the basis for such transfer;
- the period for which data will be stored, or the criteria used to determine how long data will be retained;
- the individual's rights to subject access, rectification or erasure of personal data, and the right to restrict processing or object to processing;
- the existence of any automated decision-making and meaningful information about the logic involved and the consequences of any such processing for the individual; and
- where data is obtained from a third party, the source of the data, including if it came from publicly accessible sources.
Optional phrases / clauses are enclosed in square brackets. These should be read carefully and selected so as to be compatible with one another. Unused options should be removed from the document.
This document is in open format. Either enter the requisite details in the highlighted fields or adjust the wording to suit your purposes.
Once you have purchased access to the appropriate document folder click on the “Download Document” link below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.