Requirements Exclusive to Machinery
The employer must ensure that access to any dangerous parts of machinery or rotating stock-bar is prevented by way of, in order of priority:
- fixed guards;
- other guards or protection devices;
- protection appliances;
- information, instruction, training and supervision.
The employer must ensure that all guards and protection devices are:
- suitable for preventing access;
- of good construction, sound material and adequate strength;
- properly maintained;
- not a hazard in themselves;
- not easily bypassed or disabled;
- safely positioned;
- not an obstacle to viewing the machine's operation;
- not an obstacle to safe maintenance etc.