Markings on Work Equipment
The employer must ensure that work equipment is marked in a clearly visible manner with any marking appropriate for health and safety reasons.
Examples of markings which may be required include:
- identification of start and stop controls;
- maximim rotation speed of an abrasive wheel;
- maximum safe working load on lifting beams;
- indication (normally by colour) of the gas in gas cylinders;
- specific information required for pressure vessels;
- hazard identification.