GDPR Memo to Board of Directors
The GDPR (the EU General Data Protection Regulation) is likely to impact not just large organisations but most SME private companies who use personal data. Company boards need to be aware of the implications of this wide-ranging regulation as well as the need to ensure compliance both before May 2018 and as an on-going obligation. This is the type of memo that can be given to the directors of a private company, outlining the issues that they should consider.
This memo includes a discussion of:
- the GDPR;
- penalties for breach;
- the significance of personal data to SME companies;
- the duties of a company board in relation to the GDPR;
- the role of the data protection officer (DPO);
- the organisational culture of GDPR compliance that directors should lead; and
- the resources and training that should be directed towards GDPR compliance.
The document is in open format.
Our material on GDPR and Data Protection can be found in our Business Folder and can be accessed here.
Once you have subscribed to the appropriate document folder click on the “Download Document” button below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.