Trade Credit Applications and Due Diligence
In many business-to-business transactions, clients and customers will opt to pay for goods and/or services on account, that is, on trade credit.
The trade credit documents in this subfolder provide a complete process for managing trade credit from the application stage through to the unfortunate eventuality of a breach of the trade credit terms.
Two versions of the Trade Credit Application Form are available. They provide a mechanism for you to collect and record information relevant to the grant of credit terms to customers. Both versions include a field for you to add your business/company name and one also enables you to add your business/company logo.
The Trade Credit Application Form is suited to any size of customer business or transaction and may be used whether your customer is a company, partnership or sole trader. We have also included a form of covering letter for you to use when sending the form to your customers to complete and a template letter to use when you accept the application.
We have also included in this subfolder a brief guidance note on credit control and the grant of trade credit to customers.
- Guidance Note: Trade Credit and Credit Control
- Trade Credit Application Form (Logo)
- Trade Credit Application Form
- Trade Credit Application Form Covering Letter
- Trade Credit Application Acceptance Letter
- Request to Bank for Reference for Trade Credit
- Request for Trade Reference for Trade Credit
- Rejection of Application for Trade Credit
- Notification of Breach of Trade Credit Terms