Termination and Resignation
This subfolder includes letters to use when an employee resigns of their own volition and when you are terminating their employment.
When an employee wants to resign, you can try to persuade them to change their mind but you cannot refuse to accept their resignation. If the employee later withdraws his or her resignation, you do not have to agree to their continuing to work for you.
However, take care if it is a ‘heat of the moment’ resignation e.g. a resignation following an argument. It is always worthwhile carrying out an exit interview to see if you can ascertain the real reason for the employee leaving your company. The exit interview form in this sub folder provides a useful structure for the meeting.
- Acknowledgement of Resignation Letter
- Exit Interview Form
- Termination of Employment Letter after Working Notice Period
- Termination of Employment without Settlement Agreement
- Letter Enclosing a Settlement Agreement
- Letter Enforcing Restrictive Covenants
- Letter Placing an Employee on Garden Leave following Resignation
- Termination of Employment Checklist
Termination and Resignation documents are part of the Employment document folder. Get access to all of these documents only for £35+VAT.