The law on retirement ages no longer allows for a default retirement age (DRA) and the statutory retirement procedure has been phased out. As there is no longer a DRA employers can only continue to prescribe a compulsory retirement age when they can justify it as a proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim. The Department for Business, Information and Skills gives air traffic controllers and police officers as possible examples where having a retirement age could be justified. Simply-docs have created some useful Guidance Notes for Employers: Handling Retirements on this subject.
The package of Retirement Documents also includes a straightforward Retirement Policy and some useful Deeds of Variation that can be used to change out of date retirement clauses in employment contracts.
- Retirement Policy
- Retirement Policy (With Objectively Justified Retirement Age For All Employees)
- Retirement Guidance Notes for Employers
- Acknowledgement of Intended Retirement Date
- Acknowledgement of Resignation by Reason of Retirement Letter
- Deed of Variation – Simply-Docs Retirement Clause
- Deed of Variation – Retirement Clause
Retirement Document templates are part of the Employment document folder. Get access to all of these documents for only £35+VAT.