Construction Management – Sole Trader/Partnership
This Health and Safety document package has been written for sole traders and partnerships who work in the building industry, and contains clauses tailored to their needs. This Sole Trader/ Building Partnership Sub-folder contains documents that will help small building companies pursue excellence in the management of health and safety at work and will help show compliance to clients.
All businesses (irrespective of number of employees) should start with a signed Sole Trader/Partnership Health and Safety Statement (sometimes called a Statement of Intent) which must be displayed at your offices. If your business has five or more employees (including you and any part-time staff) you must also have a Health and Safety Policy. This can be built up by showing how the different aspects of health and safety in the business are managed by using the Sole Trader/ Building Partnership Health and Safety Arrangements and Procedures document. Each document provides the space to explain in detail how health and safety is managed by the business, and who is responsible for the different aspects of health and safety. This folder also includes a Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan for detailing how you will manage health and safety on larger projects, an Environmental Policy, guidance notes on managing the waste your work creates and useful Guidance Notes for Small Builders.
Businesses must comply with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, which states:- “It shall be the duty of every employer to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all his employees”.
- Sole Trader/Building Partnership Guidance Notes On CDM 2015
- Sole Trader/Partnership Builder Health and Safety Statement
- Sole Trader/Partnership Builder Health and Safety Policy
- Sole Trader/Building Partnership Arrangements and Procedures Form
- Sole Trader/ Partnership Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan form
- Sole Trader/Partnership Builder Environmental Statement Policy Form
- Sole Trader/Partnership Builder Waste Guidance Notes