Construction Management – Small/Medium Company
This health and safety management document package is written specifically for small to medium sized businesses who work within the building industry and contains clauses tailored to their needs. This SME Construction sub-folder contains documents and guidance notes that will help small building companies to pursue excellence in the management of their health and safety on site whilst also demonstrating compliance to clients.
All companies (irrespective of number of employees) should start with a signed Health and Safety Statement (sometimes called a Statement of Intent) which must be displayed at your offices. If your company has five or more employees (including part-time staff) you must also have a Health and Safety Policy. This can be built on by showing how the different aspects of health and safety in the company are managed by using the Small/Medium Company Health and Safety Arrangements and Procedures document. Each document provides the space to explain in detail how health and safety is managed by the company, and who is responsible for the different aspects of health and safety. This folder also includes a Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan for detailing how you will manage health and safety on larger projects, an Environmental Policy, guidance notes on managing the waste your work creates and useful Guidance Notes for Small Builders.
Businesses must comply with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, which states:- “It shall be the duty of every employer to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all his employees”.
- Guidance Notes On CDM 2015 For Small Builders
- Small/Medium Company Building Health and Safety Statement
- Small/Medium Company Building Health and Safety Policy
- Small/Medium Company Building Arrangements and Procedures Form
- Small/Medium Company Building Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan
- Small/Medium Company Building Environmental Policy Statement Template
- Small/Medium Company Building/Construction Waste Guidance Notes