Catering, Car Repair & Maintenance and Car Rentals
We have now improved both our business agreements and sets of terms and conditions in our Catering, Car Repair & Maintenance, and Car Rental Documents, making them as user friendly as possible by creating one version designed specifically for business to consumer (B2C) use and one specifically for business to business (B2B) use. This will be advantageous because:
- Some businesses will only have either B2C or B2B customers.
- Where businesses have both B2C and B2B customers, those businesses may benefit from using separate versions of a document.
- The consumer rights which the B2C versions include protect B2C customers as required by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 but it is not legally necessary (or desirable) for the supplier to provide the same rights to its B2B customers.
- Under each new B2B version, a B2B supplier undertakes lesser obligations and potential liabilities than it does under the equivalent B2C version.
- A document which has content relevant to only B2C or B2B customers is easier for the supplier to use, adapt and for its customers to read.
We have so far updated and added documents covering catering, car repair & maintenance, and car rental, but we will be progressively adding further documents and so we recommend that you periodically check our “Updates” and “Additions” sections to see documents dealing with other business areas.
The contents of this Newsletter are for reference purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Independent legal advice should be sought in relation to any specific legal matter.