First Aid Room in the Workplace.
A First Aid Room should contain at least:
- washing facilities with soap and paper towels;
- drinking water and disposable cups;
- smooth-topped working surfaces;
- a chair;
- a couch with waterproof surface and frequently cleaned pillow and blanket;
- clean protective garments for use by first aiders;
- a bowl;
- suitable refuse containers lined with a disposable plastic bag;
- one guidance card, an appropriate record book for first aid treatments and a suitable store for first aid materials;
- 20 individually wrapped sterile adhesive dressings;
- 2 sterile eye pads, with attachment;
- 6 individually wrapped traingular bandages;
- 6 safety pins;
- 6 medium, 2 large and 3 extra large individually wrapped unmedicated wound dressings.