COVID 19 Recovery Strategy - Employees Returning to the Workplace
On May 11, the Government announced its recovery strategy, detailing a phased approach to the gradual re-opening of businesses. The full details can be found here .
The initial messaging around the Government’s strategy for handling this stage of the pandemic was confusing, but the subsequent briefing clarified the five key points that the government is seeking to convey in its guidance about employees returning to work and workplaces being coronavirus-secure.
- Kickstart Scheme
- Coronavirus Self-isolation FAQs
- Working from Home or at Workplace
- Carrying out a Covid-19 Risk Assessment
- Developing cleaning/handwashing and hygiene procedures
- Maintaining 2m Social Distancing, where possible
- Manage Transmission Risk
- What if an employee refuses to return to work because of coronavirus-related concerns?
- Handling Flexible Working Requests Post-Lockdown
- Flexible Furlough Scheme and Update to Full Furlough Scheme Arrangements