BIS Agency Workers Regulations Guidance
The BIS Agency Workers Regulations Guidance provides guidance from the Department for Business Innovation & Skills to hirers of agency workers and the recruitment sector on the Agency Workers Regulations 2010 (the Regulations).
BIS states that you may re-use this information free of charge under the terms of the Open Government Licence, under © Crown Copyright 2012.
The BIS Agency Workers Regulations Guidance goes through the key provisions of the Regulations with illustrative examples. The Regulations give agency workers the right to the same basic employment and working conditions as if they had been directly recruited by the
The Guidance contains the following sections:
3) In Scope
4) Out of Scope
5) Qualifying for ‘equal treatment’
6) How to identify ‘basic working and employment conditions’ and the relevance of a “comparator”
8) Supply teachers
9) Working time and holiday entitlements
10) Pregnant workers and new mothers
11) Pay between assignments
12) Information requests, liability and remedies
13) Information a TWA must have before supplying an agency worker
14) Compliance information required by a TWA from a hirer
15) Other factors
Simply-Docs has produced a refined version of the BIS Guidance, entitled Guidance Notes for Employers: The Agency Workers Regulations 2010 available in this Equal Opportunity, Diversity Policy and Guidance sub-folder.
This document is also available in the Free Document Folder.
Once you have purchased access to the Employment Document Folder click on the “Download Document” button below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.