Grazing and Stabling Agreements
The documents here cater for various situations where horses use land for grazing or are kept in stables.
Depending on the circumstances, the landowner and horse owner may need to use a Grazing Licence, a Private Grazing Lease, a Farm Business Tenancy Agreement, a Business Lease or a Livery Agreement. Templates of all these agreements can be found here. The notes on each document page give examples of when it might be appropriate to use the document.
The documents comply with relevant statutory law including the Agricultural Tenancies Act 1995 and the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Licence to use Land for Grazing Animals
- Grazing Lease for Private, Non-Commercial Use
- Grazing Farm Business Tenancy Agreement (Longer Term)
- Grazing Farm Business Tenancy Agreement (Term up to 2 Years)
- Landlord’s Notice to Farm Business Tenant under Section 1(4)
- Farm Business Tenant’s Notice to Landlord under Section 1(4)
- Business Lease for Livery Yard or Horse Riding School
- Guidance on Exclusion of Security of Tenure
- Landlord’s Notice for Exclusion of Security of Tenure
- Simple Declaration by Tenant Regarding Security of Tenure
- Statutory Declaration by Tenant Regarding Security of Tenure
- Livery Agreement between Livery Yard and Horse Owner