New Flexible Working Rights
To be able to qualify to make a flexible working request the employee must have been working for the business continuously for 26 weeks and an employee can only make one flexible working request in any 12 month period.
The main features of the new right to request a flexible pattern of work are:
• the right to request flexible working is extended to all employees (not just those with parental responsibility for a child, or caring responsibilities for an adult);
• the requirement for the employer to deal with the request in accordance with the statutory procedure is replaced with a requirement to "deal with the application in a reasonable manner"; and
• the employer is required to notify the employee of its decision within a "decision period" of three months of the application (or longer if this is agreed).
Simply-docs has updated the following flexible working documents:
• Flexible Working Policy
• Flexible Working Request Letter
• Flexible Working Request Acknowledgement Letter
• Flexible Working Decision Letter
• Flexible Working Rejection Letter
• Flexible Working Appeal Letter
• Flexible Working Appeal Decision Letter
The contents of this Newsletter are for reference purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Independent legal advice should be sought in relation to any specific legal matter.