Guidance Note: Loans Involving Directors
This Guidance Note: Loans Involving Directors is a practical guide for private companies covering the making of loans by companies to directors as well as the issues that need to be considered when a director (or a shareholder) makes a loan to a company.
This Guidance Note includes a discussion of:
• The legislative rules (primarily under the Companies Act 2006) governing the making of loans & guarantees to directors;
• Exceptions for loans under £10,000 in aggregate;
• Other exceptions to the requirement for shareholder approval;
• Loans involving connected persons;
• Loans from directors (or shareholders) to a company;
• Substantial property transactions; and
• Conflicts of interest.
This Guidance Note is a useful ‘aide-memoire’ to a company secretary or company director considering the issues surrounding directors and loans.
This Guidance Note is in open format.
Once you have purchased access to the appropriate document folder click on the “Download Document” button below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.