Welcome to Simply-Docs

Letter to Residential Tenant Requesting Access to Carry Out Damp and Mould Works


This Letter to tenant for access for damp and mould works is for use by a landlord or letting agent where a tenanted property has damp and/or mould problems and works are required to rectify the problems. It is important that landlords and letting agents act promptly in view of the potential harm to health that damp and mould can cause but they must also ensure that they comply with the relevant terms of the tenancy agreement when arranging viewings, not least by providing sufficient notice.

This letter also confirms the name of the contractor and the date and time they will be visiting the property. The tenant is asked to sign a copy of the letter and return it to the landlord to confirm their acceptance of the arrangements. 

The landlord or letting agent should provide details of the sources of the damp and mould and any rectification works which need to be carried out.

Condensation through the tenant’s use of the property can often exacerbate damp and mould issues. Simple behavioural changes by the tenant can help reduce condensation within a home and the Tenant Condensation Checklist outlining mitigating actions for a tenant to take can also be enclosed with the letter. This does not replace the obligations of a landlord to investigate any damp problems and take appropriate remediatory action. More details of those obligations can be found in the Damp and Mould Guidance Note.

Optional phrases / clauses are enclosed in square brackets. These should be read carefully and selected so as to be compatible with one another. Unused options should be removed from the document.

The letter should be printed on the landlord’s or letting agent’s letterhead.

This letter is in open format. Either enter the requisite details in the highlighted fields or adjust the wording to suit your purposes.

Once you have purchased access to the appropriate document folder click on the “Download Document” button below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.

Letter to Residential Tenant Requesting Access to Carry Out Damp and Mould Works is part of Property Documents. Just £35.00 + VAT provides unlimited downloads from Property Documents for 1 year.

Simply-4-Business Ltd Registered in England and Wales No. 4868909 Unit 100, Parkway House, Sheen Lane, London SW14 8LS