Small Business Start Up Issues
Starting and running a new business requires hard work and determination, especially initially, when every task has to be carried out by one person with little or no assistance from anybody else. In those circumstances, it is very easy to overlook legal and other issues which should be addressed.
We have covered a number of issues which you ought to consider when planning to set up a new business, or in the early days after you have begun trading. Failure to deal with these issues properly can cause legal problems, and so we recommend that you keep them in mind and seek legal and other professional advice about them as necessary.
- Start Up Business Plan and Business Structure
- Business Banking Account
- Registering for VAT, Tax and National Insurance
- Business Rates
- Working at Home
- Licences/Permits and Health & Safety
- Data Protection
- Intellectual Property
- Business/Company Name
- Contracting with Customers and Suppliers
- Running an Online Business