Welcome to Simply-Docs

Licences/Permits and Health and Safety Considerations

Licences/Permits and Health & Safety


Certain businesses need to obtain licences or permits, or need to register with certain authorities, in order to be able to operate legally. Some businesses have particular laws regulating what they can do and how they are to do it.

For example, businesses engaged in the following list of businesses or activities require authorisation/registration: childminding, alcohol sales, catering, street café, animals, credit, fireworks, street trading. As to regulation, by way of example: food businesses must comply with food safety and hygiene regulations, specific regulations apply to gambling, and a PRS licence is needed for playing music. Charities are regulated in relation to how they may carry out fundraising. These are only a few examples, not an exclusive list.

Health & Safety

Employers have a legal duty to ensure that their employees work in a safe environment and this also extends to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of their customers and visitors whilst on business premises. This includes a business operating from your home. We recommend that you take professional advice as to the particular legal requirements with which you will need to comply in relation to your particular type of business, premises and other circumstances.

    Simply-4-Business Ltd Registered in England and Wales No. 4868909 Unit 100, Parkway House, Sheen Lane, London SW14 8LS