Issuing and Dealing in Shares
This section outlines what a shareholder is, what types of shares a company may have, the meaning of dividend and what a ‘share capital’ and ‘statement of capital’ are. This section also deals with how companies issue new shares, pre-emption rights, transfers of shares and their restrictions.
- What is a Shareholder?
- What is Share Capital?
- How Many Types or Classes of Shares Can a Company Have?
- Is There a Minimum and Maximum Share Capital?
- What is a Statement of Capital?
- What Information should be included in a Statement of Capital?
- What Powers are needed for a Company to Issue New Shares?
- What are Pre-Emption Rights?
- How Does a Company Issue New Shares?
- How Does a Company Transfer Shares?
- Are There any Restrictions on Share Transfers?
- What is the Maintenance of Share Capital?
- What is a Share Buyback?
- What are Redeemable Shares?
- What is a Dividend?