Occupation Contract Checklist & Letters for Wales
A new checklist and additional templates have been introduced to assist landlords and letting agents in Wales with grant of a new occupation contract in Wales.
The checklist contains links to relevant templates and guidance and covers:
- Information gathering before marketing a property for let (EPCs, preparation of detailed inventories, etc.).
- Pre-contract matters (reference checking, holding deposits, etc.).
- Using an appropriate form of Model Written Statement.
- Providing essential and best practice information and documentation to contract-holders.
- Complying with health and safety requirements.
- HMOs in Wales.
The contents of this Newsletter are for reference purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Independent legal advice should be sought in relation to any specific legal matter.