Health and Safety Statements / Statements of Intent
These Health and Safety Statements/Statements of Intent have been written for a variety of business types across a variety of industry sectors.
The Health and Safety Statement, also known as a Statement of Intent, is the first step in a business’ management of health and safety.
Once signed by the most senior person in the company, the Health and Safety Statement/Statement of Intent is an organisation’s affirmation that it will comply with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 which is the basis for all health and safety in the UK. Whilst not obligatory for businesses with less than 5 employees, it is nonetheless good practice for all businesses (irrespective of number of employees) to have a signed Health and Safety Statement displayed at their working premises.
Completing these basic documents will assist the business’ general awareness of the impact of their work on others.
- Sole Trader Health and Safety Policy Statement
- Standard Health and Safety Statement/Statement of Intent
- Construction Health and Safety Policy Statement
- Workshop/Factory Health and Safety Policy Statement
- Care/Nursing Home H&S Statement/Statement of Intent
- Hotel/Bed & Breakfast Health and Safety Statement
- Pub or Restaurant Health and Safety Statement
- Courier or Parcel Distribution Health and Safety Statement