Letter Acknowledging Subject Access Request – GDPR Compliant
This Letter Acknowledging Subject Access Request – GDPR Compliant should be used by employers to acknowledge receipt of an individual’s request under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for information held about them by a company. As the GDPR applies to all personal data that an organisation processes, employers should accept subject access requests not just from employees, but also from workers, contractors, apprentices and volunteers.
The GDPR allows individuals to access information from organisations that process their personal data by means of a subject access request. The company must advise the employee on:
- whether or not the employee's personal data is being processed;
- the purposes of the processing and the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients to whom the data has been or will be disclosed;
- how long the data will be stored, or how that period is determined;
- the employee's rights in relation to the rectification or erasure of data, the restriction of processing and to object to processing;
- the employee's right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority;
- any third-party sources of the data, where this information is available; and
• information about the logic involved in any automated decision-making, if applicable.
The company is also required to provide the employee with a copy of the personal data undergoing processing.
Under GDPR, the time limit for an employer to respond to a subject access request is one month from the date of receipt. If a request is complex, the time period for response can be extended by a further two months.
The letter also has an optional paragraph acknowledging receipt of the individual’s driving licence or passport as confirmation of identity.
This document is in open format. Either enter the requisite details in the highlighted fields or adjust the wording to suit your purposes.
Once you have purchased access to the appropriate document folder, click on the “Download” button below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.