Ensuring Work Equipment Compliance by Suppliers
The employer must ensure that any item of work equipment to be provided for use in his undertaking complies with UK rules implementing relevant EU product directives.
This means that the employer's purchasing control systems must ensure that manufacturers or other suppliers have complied with obligations imposed on them in regulations covering products such as listed below.
Relevant Work Equipment
The employer must ensure compliance with EU product directives which set out requirements for:
- active implantable medical devices;
- construction plant and equipment;
- electo-magnetic compatibility;
- electro-medical equipment;
- falling-object protective structures;
- gas appliances;
- ow voltage equipment;
- personal protective equipment;
- power generators;
- powered hand-held concrete-breakers;
- pressure vessels;
- roll-over protective structures;
- self-propelled industrial trucks;
- tower cranes;
- welding generators.