Hotel or B&B Environmental Policy
This Environmental Policy – Hotel or B&B is specifically tailored to a hotel or bed and breakfast business. Although not a legal requirement, it is good business practice to have an Environmental Policy.
This policy used to be part of the Hotel & Catering policy but this has now been separated into three individual policies: Hotel or B&B, Mobile Catering and Catering Establishment.
An environmental policy is your company’s written commitment to both the people within your organisation and to your customers and suppliers. It confirms your company's commitment to continuous improvement in managing environmental issues, including the proper management and monitoring of waste, the reduction of pollution and emissions, compliance with environmental legislation and environmental codes of practice, training for staff, and the monitoring of environmental performance.
Some of the many Environmental Regulations include:-
• Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011
• The Hazardous Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2005
• Environmental Protection (Duty of Care) Regulations 1991
• The Environment Act 1990
• The Control of Pollution (Amendment) Act 1989
The first step towards your commitment is to create an Environmental Policy.
This should have specific and achievable goals, and be clearly written for your target audience of your staff, suppliers, customers and where relevant – the general public.
• In a hotel or boarding house your largest environmental issue will probably be laundry, water and power usage – lights etc., so your Environmental Policy will include commitments on how you intend to reduce the wastage or to recycle as much as possible.
Once written it must be signed by the most senior Director to demonstrate that it is a Company Policy and reviewed at regular intervals, normally annually, along with your other Health and Safety Policies.
This template is in open format. Either enter the requisite details in the highlighted fields or adjust the wording to suit your purposes.