How do employers access the CJRS scheme?
The CJRS is accessed through an online portal operated by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). The employer will have to provide HMRC with details of furloughed employees, specifying:
- the number of employees being furloughed
- details of employees - the name and National Insurance Number of each furloughed employee
- the start and end date of the claim period
- the amount claimed
- the employer’s contact name and telephone number
- the employer's PAYE scheme reference number
- the employer's Corporation Tax Unique Taxpayer Reference, Self-Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference or Company Registration Number as appropriate for the entity
- the employer's UK bank account details
- the organisation's registered name and address
For efficient use of the portal the employer should make sure that this information is ready before they access the system to make a claim.
There are now monthly deadlines for claims. Claims must be submitted within 14 calendar days after the month they relate to, unless this falls on a weekend in which case the deadline is the next weekday.