The employer must identify, assess and manage risks from noise in the workplace. Broad requirements include:
- reduction of noise emissions at source;
- isolation of noise emission sources;
- ear protection;
- reduction of exposure time.
Specific requirements include:
noise level assessment by a competent person;
- recording of assessments;
- ongoing risk reduction;
- provision of adequate ear protection;
- designation of ear protection zones;
- information, instruction and training for employees exposed to noise.