Health & Safety, Ironising Radiation at Work.
If the employer intends to introduce work with ionising radiation, he is obliged to notify the Health and Safety Executive before commencing the activity for the first time.
The employer also has duties to:
- assess risks;
- restrict/limit exposure;
- provide appropriate personal protection;
- designate and monitor controlled areas;
- appoint qualified advisers;
- carry out health surveillance where necessary;
- keep health records;
- prepare contingency plans.