Agency Workers Regulations Guidance from BIS
The Agency Workers Regulations Guidance from BIS provides guidance from the Department for Business Innovation & Skills to hirers of agency workers and the recruitment sector on the Agency Workers Regulations 2010 that come into force on 1 October 2011.
BIS states that you may re-use this information free of charge under the terms of the Open Government Licence, under © Crown Copyright 2011.
The Agency Workers Regulations Guidance from BIS goes through the key provisions of the Regulations with illustrative examples.
The Agency Workers Regulations 2010 give agency workers the right to the same basic employment and working conditions as if they had been directly recruited by the hirer, if they complete a qualifying period of 12 weeks in a particular job.
The Guidance contains the following sections:
3) In Scope
4) Out of Scope
5) Qualifying for ‘equal treatment’
6) How to identify ‘basic working and employment conditions’ and the relevance of a “comparator”
8) Supply teachers
9) Working time and holiday entitlements
10) Pregnant workers and new mothers
11) Pay between assignments
12) Information requests, liability and remedies
13) Information a TWA must have before supplying an agency worker
14) Compliance information required by a TWA from a hirer
15) Other factors
Simply-Docs has produced a refined version of the BIS Guidance, entitled Guidance Notes for Employers: The Agency Workers Regulations 2010 available in the Employment Document folder.
Once you have subscribed to the appropriate document folder click on the “Download Document” button below. You will be asked what you want to do with the file. It is recommended that you save the document to a location of your choice prior to viewing.